Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Unbelievable

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 Unbelievable Aug. 9th, 2012 at 2:20 AM spring, bees, fall, beautiful, summer I can hardly believe what happened today. It looks like I am going to be the new Supervisor at my job. The Boss came up to me and asked if I could keep a straight face and tell an agent whom I hate that she is doing great on a program. Seriously, if she was doing great, I would be smiling, eventhough I want to have her fired, because doing great on a program is what we need our agents to be doing and they seem to find that really hard to accomplish. I am excited and really nervous at the same time. I guess it's like that with any new job. I've been here almost 4 years, first as an outbound customer service agent, then as an inbound customer service agent. It's a tough job. He kept saying I'll have to be able to tell agents their ranking on programs and keep the same demeanor no matter who I'm talking to or how good or bad they are actually doing on a particular program. He kept bringing up friends. If you are an agent and I have to tell you what to do or how you are doing on a program, I don't care if you are my friend. You have to do your job and it's my job to see that you do your job. The Boss is kind of a nut. Later, one of the agents who is being trained to be a floor lead told me that the Boss is giving the 3 new floor leads a crash course in their new duties because he wants them to know what they are doing before he starts to focus on training a new Supervisor. She said something about one-on-one training and not having time to train them and the new Supervisor at the same time. I like that plan, but we do not need 3 new floor leads. We do not have enough work for a Boss, a Supervisor, and 3 floor leads. We need to train somebody to 2 of the permanant inbound programs and we don't have enough people. And one-on-one with the Boss does not entirely sound like fun. He gets mad. I get mad. I want to kick him in the head on occasion. I do my best not to make him mad, but it's not always successful. He can be a very frustrating Boss. It's not a definite thing yet, but nobody but me is qualified for the Supervisor position. The fact that the Boss hates one of the applicants and the other is registered with the Sheriffs department and should not be working within 1000 feet of a school kind of skews things in my favor. Why can any company hire people like that. How the Hell is their place of employment not recorded when they register? They can't live within a certain distance of a school, but they can work 50 feet away? I am determined to not let the fact that I really hate people in general get in the way of doing my job. I'm much better now at hiding how I feel about individual people than I was when I started working here, but at the same time, I'm more open and outgoing than I was as well. I really want the Supervisor job. I hope it is mine. The Boss keeps trying to be encouraging and coach me on how to do the job and what I would need to do to be good at the job, so I am hopeful that I will be the next Supervisor at our company. I wonder when my pay raise will start. We'll see how it goes. Tammy ThePeridotCricket

No comments:

Post a Comment