Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Birchbox and Age-Appropriate Perfume

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Birchbox and Age-Appropriate Perfume

May. 24th, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I posted this on MakeUpTalk.com in the May Birchbox forum in reply to someone's question about the Birchbox Beauty Profiles.

Birchbox does not pay attention to your profile. Plain and simple. Sorry, but based on my 2 months receiving Birchbox, and comments from people reviewing their Birchbox on YouTube, which I have seen a lot of because I want to know what everyone is getting, they do not even really look at the Beauty Profile. Except maybe I think they look at people's age when they throw the perfume samples in the boxes. I'm 33 and to me Viva La Juicy smells like an old lady covered in baby powder. After I told Birchbox that, I got an e-mail on choosing an age-appropriate scent, which was all about and only about Viva La Juicy, which I think is kinda rude, considering that how people feel about scents and what people like to wear is not based on how old we are. Just because I'm a certain age does not mean I should choose scents that Birchbox likes for people that age. I happen to like cotton candy scents and sugary scents and fruity green scents, not baby powder. This month I got Arquiste L'Etrog, one of Arquiste's scents that seems to be used by a lot of older women in their 50's and 60's. The older ladies where I work use scents similar to L'Etrog. I don't think perfume is an age thing, but I have read that as women age our sense of smell changes, which is how I attribute the fact that older women gravitate toward strong musky scents. Maybe they have a harder time distinguishing fruity, caramel, green scents.

Current Mood: tired tired

Have Fun, Everybody, and Blessed Be. Thanks for Reading.
Tammy
ThePeridotCricket

No comments:

Post a Comment