Tuesday, December 4, 2012

PayDay, Errands, Then Work

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 PayDay, Errands, Then Work Jul. 9th, 2012 at 8:40 PM Saturday, July 7, 2012 Saturday is pay day where I Work. There is 1 perk with that ... no line at the bank. Most people get paid on Friday or another day during the week. But it's kind of a pain in the ass because it's not a week day and a lot of places are closed. There are 2 bus routes in Council Bluffs Monday through Friday, but Saturday has 1 route, and there is not bus on Sundays here. That means I have to wait until Monday to do most of my shopping and run my errands for the week. I got off Work last night at 3 a.m., after being there for 12 hours, and had to be back at 3 p.m. today to Work until 11 p.m. I do the 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. shift on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for now, but the Overnight person was not able to come in, so the Boss asked me to stay until 3 a.m. That will put me over 40 Hours for the week, which I really appreciate, but I'm tired and I can't pay my phone bill or anything else until Monday. I also Worked 4 hours on Tuesday night, which is normally my day second day off. I like overtime. It's time and a half, plus my attendance bonus and my overnight bonus. I tell my Boss I'm down with whatever schedule gets me paid more. I did get up this morning to cash my check and run a few errands. I went to the River City Farmer's Market, Hy-Vee Drugtown, and CVS. I hit the Farmer's Market and got homemade cinnamon rolls and banana nut bread. Some people ask why buy baked goods when I could just make them myself. People at Work think it's too expensive to buy things at the Farmer's Market. I'm paying for convenience. I do know how to bake cinnamon rolls home-made and I've made banana nut bread a few times, but I don't want to make them myself. It's easier to just buy them fresh-made every week. During the Winter, it's another story. Then there's no Farmer's Market and I have to make them myself if I want cinnamon rolls, or banana nut bread. or fresh-baked anything. There were no strawberries or blueberries left by the time I got there, which I am disappointed about, but they go fast and they'r very popular. The Farmer's Market is one of my favorite things about Summer. I went to Hy-Vee and picked up a few groceries. I needed Carnation Instant Breakfast packets, bananas, macaroni and cheese, and Spam. I love macaroni and cheese with cut up Spam chunks. It's my favorite comfort food. I mix up the macaroni and cheese, then I fry the Spam and mix it with the macaroni and cheese. I've tried it with regular ham and it's not as good. I'll do the rest of my grocery shopping tonight after Work and during the week when I can catch the bus for heavier purshases like oranges, potatoes, and meat. Tonight I'll walk to No Frills and get a few of the lighter groceries because Hy-Vee Drugtown is too expensive for anything but what I absolutely need right now and can't wait until later to buy. At CVS, I got toilet paper, paper towels, grapefruit body wash with salicylic acid, melatonin, fish oil omega acid chews (which taste really bad, by the way), Cosmo, and Kleenex. For anybody who shops at CVS, I recommend getting a CVS card. It's easy to sign up and it can save you a lot of money. I buy toilet paper at CVS because the package of 12 big rolls of the green eco-brand lasts longer than any other brand's 12 pack toilet of paper I've ever bought. CVS has ExtraCareBucks rewards and coupons that print out on every receipt. I got $5.00 off any vitamin purchase of $10.00 or more, 25% off my purchase, and $2.50 in ExtraCareBucks on my receipt a few days ago. I used all 3 coupons today and saved $18.10 My total came to $29.00. It would have been almost $50.00 without the coupons. $47.10. Wow. And I got another coupon for $5.00 off of my next $15.00 purchase. But, I have concluded that without a CVS card, it would not be worth it to buy anything except stuff I can't do without and don't have time to run to another store to get. Tammy ThePeridotCricket Current Mood: tired

No comments:

Post a Comment