Tuesday, December 4, 2012

May 2012 Birchbox Gossip Girl Chic Sunday Brunch First Look

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

May 2012 Birchbox Gossip Girl Chic Sunday Brunch First Look

May. 17th, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I think my Birchbox this month is the one called Chick Sunday Brunch, although nothing in the box really says Chic or Gossip Girl to me. But the nail polish was nice, the headband is okay if it fits, and if I can dilute the Arquist L'Etrog perfume sample with another perfume and it smells okay, I will definitely wear it.

Everybody knows by now that I do not wear makeup, except eyeliner and lip products. I have acne and anything on my face besides toner or astringent or spot cream makes the acne worse. So, no makeup for me. I am thinking of trying some new 3 in 1 eyeshadows that I saw at Walgreens last night because I do not have acne on my eyelids. Hey, I'm 33 and just discovering beauty products, so what can I say? I'm entitle to change my mind whenever I want.

Here's what I got in my May 2012 Birchbox. This month's box is a Gossip Girl theme and I was really looking forward to it, but none of these products really say "New York Upper East Side" to me. I'm sure I've seen this sentiment elsewhere online in relation to this box because a lot of people are mad it has not lived up to the hype.

1. Arquist L'Etrog Perfume Sample. 2. Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+ 3. Color Club Foil Collection Nail Polish 4. beautyblender blendercleanser 5. Twistband Skinny Headband

1. First Look: The BB Cream is Empty! I was mad. The package looks like it could hold a quarter ounce sample, at least, but it says 0.06oz? Are you kidding me? I like the color of the little squeeze bottle, though. It's kinda almost Tiffany Blue. And I thought it was an actual clear balm/lotion that goes on at night for like a moisturizer or something. Maybe under foundation during the day. Not that I wear foundation.

2. First Look: Arquist L'Etrog. It so does not smell like the description on the Birchbox website. I love it, but it's way too strong and musky for me to actually wear it by itself. I think I'm gonna mix it with my Eco Revert by Rue 21 and see how that goes. I did have my age set at 33 years old on the Birchbox Beauty Profile, but this is 2 "age-appropriate" perfume samples in a row and I do not like them, so I changed it to 25 years old. I also switched my Splurge Item from Perfume to Nail Polish. This was after I got my shipping notice for the May Box and I saw on the Birchbox website what was in it.

3. First Look: Color Club Foil Collection Nail Polish I love it. But that's only because I love nail polish. I just started painting my nails again in March 2012 after about 10 years. I probably painted my nails 5 times in the past 10 years. It just wasn't my thing, I guess. Now it is. I had bought about 5 nail polishes since the end of 2008, and used maybe 2 of them. But in March I decided I was going to paint my nails for Saint Patrick's Day. Now I'm addicted because I like the bright colors and the seemingly endless possibilities of nail polish. I don't like the dull gold color of this Color Club Foil Collection polish, but I'm going to try it Ombre-style over some black or metallic grey, I think.

4. First Look: beautyblender blendercleanser What the Fuck? I do not have a beautyblender. I was not even subscribed to Birchbox in February or March when they sent them out in the Birchboxes. This is a bunch of bullshit that they would send me this. Apparently a lot of other people feel the same way because the May Birchbox Openings on YouTube have some very disappointed ladies. I e-mailed Birchbox to ask what was up. They said use it on your hairbrush to remove buildup. What Buildup? I rinse the conditioner out and I don't use hairspray or mouse or anything else on my hair.

5. First Look: Twistband Skinny Headband A pack of these is how much? I can buy a spool of elastic just like this at Hancock Fabric--a whole spool for less than that. A 6-pack of Twistband Skinny Headbands is $20.00 on the Birchbox website. Holy Crap! Whoever makes these is making a huge profit off dumb girls who like to spend money on hair ties. Mine is black, which I guess goes with almost everything, so I like it well enough. Problem is, these kind of things are never big enough. We'll see when I try to wear it.

And that's my first look at what was in my box. Oh, and the notecard, which we cannot review. Bummer. But I love that I get 10 Birchbox Points for buying my box, and 10 points for each Product I Review, so that's 60 Birchbox Points this month. I did already review the Dr. Jart+ BB Cream sample. I gave it a very bad review. I posted it in the previous entry. The Gossip Girl trivia card would add an element of fun to the box, but I don't watch Gossip Girl, so I can't play the trivia game and therefore I can't win a prize from Birchbox associated with the game this month. That is sooooo not fair.

I really like that Birchbox is giving us the ability to really say how we feel about the products with the possibility that our comments will be posted on the website starting this month. My Nickname for the Product Feedback is ThePeridotCricket.

Have Fun, Everybody, and Blessed Be. Thanks for Reading.
Tammy
The Peridot Cricket

Current Mood: contemplative

No comments:

Post a Comment