Sunday, January 20, 2013

Books I Have Read January 2013

Hey, Everybody! I've been busy reading a lot while I was unemployed. I am so excited about my new job that starts tomorrow at West Corporation in Omaha.

I've read 5 books so far in January and I'm almost done with a 6th, In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant. This is my list for January 1, 2013 to January 18, 2013. Thank you all for sharing this with me.

1. Getting Lucky by Elaine Barbieri. Leisure Books. New York, 2009.

2. Firelight by Kristen Callihan. Forever (Hatchett Book Group/Grand Central Publishing). New York, 2012.

3. Fireproof by Alex Kava. Doubleday. New York, 2012.

4. Arcadia by Laura Groff. Voice (Hyperion). New York, 2012.

5. Cat in a Neon Nightmare by Carole Nelson Douglass. Forge (Tom Doherty and Associates). New York. 2003.

I did not enjoy Arcadia so much. It is a good book detailing the life of Bit, who started out in a hippie comune and ending when he is about 50 years old, but I liked the other 4 books a lot better. Cat in a Neon Nightmare felt like I was wading through a quagmire of old PI cliches for the first 1/3 of the book. I highly recommend all the Midnight Louie Mysteries by Carole Nelson Douglas, though, of which Cat in a Neon Nightmare is the 15th book in the series. Of the other 3 books, 2 are historical romances and the 3rd is an FBI mystery. I enjoyed them a lot. Firelight has a bit of the supernatural in a re-telling of the Phantom of the Opera sort of way. Fireproof trails an FBI agent tracking an arsenist and stumbling upon a killer who travels America's highways. Lucky is a love story set in San Francisco in 1849.

Happy Reading, Everybody. If you would like to leave a comment saying what you have read lately, I would love to read it.

Tammy ThePeridotCricket

1 comment:

  1. I've read 3 "Odd Thomas" books, by Dean Koontz, "Clockwork Angels" by Kevin Anderson, and a Pink Floyd biography written by the bands drummer Nick Mason, so far this year.

    I always have something to read with me.

    "Cat In A Neon Nightmare" sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete