Tuesday, February 26, 2013

First Look: Birchbox February 2013

First Look: Birchbox February 2013

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Overall, I’d say my February Birchbox is a pretty good box, based on getting 3 samples I’ll actually use and 1 I can definitely trade. I got 4 samples and a Ghirardelli Chocolate Square. I don’t like it that a tiny piece of chocolate is taking the place of 1 of the samples.

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle.
Apparently there is a company called Beauty Protector. They sell hair products. This sample looks like about 1 oz of detangling spray. The description on the card says, “Great for all hair types, this nourishing elixir performs seven hair-healing functions. Among them: locking in color, adding shine, and instantly detangling.” It’s in a bright red bottle with black writing. It reminds me of the packaging on the Juliette Has a Gun website for their new Mad Madame perfume. Black on a red background is something I associate with Valentine’s Day. The detangling spray smells good. It’s thicker than most other sprays of this sort. I am looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Organix Argan Oil detangling spray I use.

Color Club Nail Polish in Wild Cactus
Green nail polish. It’s a nice color. I don’t have any nail polish like it. The Birchbox card says, “Shoo away Winter blues with this on-trend emerald polish.” Okay, but it’s not emerald green. It’s just green. Emerald green is darker. I have 2 emerald green nail polishes and countless emerald green beads. It’s closer to grass green. It looks like Wild Cactus will have a shiny cream finish. I swatched it and it is not opaque with 1 coat. I really like the color. Some people complain that Birchbox and Color Club only send mini nail polishes, but I like it because I will probably never finish a full-size nail polish, except Wet n Wild 9.0.2.1.0range.

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm
According to the card, “From the brand that brought BB creams to the U.S., this formulation has mineral SPF 25 and a satiny, matte finish.” Trade forum, here I come. I hope there’s product in this one, unlike the BB cream they sent last May. I think it’s a light shade, which would be appropriate based on my Birchbox profile, which I should edit. I can’t say much about this sample, except I look forward to these so I can list them on the trade forum on MakeUpTalk.com.

Juicy Couture Couture La La
Another Juicy Couture sample. Viva La Juicy is nasty. It smells like an old lady drenched in baby powder. Viva La Juicy La Fleur is a very strong and lasting scent that is a very close copy of Avon’s Sweet Honesty. Couture La La says, “I’m perfume.” That’s it. Nothing special about it. It’s wearable, but that’s all I can say about it. I don’t love it. I really don’t care one way or another about this scent, and that says something by itself because for me perfumes are something I either like or I don’t. The card says, “Roll out the red carpet for this new scent, a stunning mix of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom.” I don’t smell any of that stuff when I sniff Couture La La.

Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate and Caramel Square
Really? It’s called a Treat this time instead of an Extra. Milk Chocolate and Caramel: an awesome combination. I really hope we can review this sucker. By now I’ve been typing for 15 minutes and I’m pissed that 1 piece of chocolate is taking the place of an actual Birchbox sample.

So, that’s my February 2013 Birchbox. I’ll post reviews once I use my samples or trade them. What do you think of Birchbox this month?

Thank You For Reading, Everyone. Have Fun and Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment