Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mary Kay Glamour VoxBox from Influenster

I received the Mary Kay Glamour VoxBox free for testing purposes from Influenster.  Included in the box were a Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara, a Lash Primer, a Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm, a True Dimensions Lip Stick in Pink Cherie, and a Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush.  I think it's a great mix of products that appeals to a lot of people.  I only tested the lip stick and the cream eye shadow. 

The Mary Kay True Dimensions Lip Stick in Pink Cherie is nearly identical to the Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart.  It does feel a little waxier than the lip butter, but not too much, which I like.  I don't like how regular lip sticks feel on my lips.  The color is a warm neon pink, which really brings out the natural redness in my face.  I won't be wearing Pink Cherie much because of that.

The cream eyeshadow in the color Violet Storm is beautiful.  It's a gorgeous lavender color.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.  It creased and melted, then wore off really bad in my eyelids.  It was fun to try, but I'm not ready to leave the house wearing eyeshadow yet.

I really dislike that Mary Kay products are both made and sold in China, where testing on animals is mandatory.  I have been trying to switch to cruelty-free products which are made in the U.S.A when possible, although it is much more difficult than I expected.  I am an impulse buyer and pretty colors are my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment