Thursday, May 2, 2013

First Look: DermOrganic

I am trying to change my haircare and skincare routine to help control my adult acne and improve the overall quality and health of my skin.  I received samples from DermOrganic last week.  I sent an e-mail asking where I could buy samples on Sunday and these arrived on Thursday.  DermOrganic makes vegan and cruelty-free haircare and skincare products.  They sent huge travel-size samples of both product lines. 

I am especially looking forward to using the skincare samples.  I am trying to cut silicones, especially dimethicones, out of my haircare routine because they clog my pores and cause me to have breakouts.  It's hard because every conditioner (and some of the shampoos) I own contains at least one kind of dimethicone.  I have had fewer pimples since I have started to not use as many products with silicones, but I do still get breakouts.  I don't know if I will ever find a good conditioner or dry oil for hair that doesn't contain silicone or a silicone dirivative.

I have been trying to go cruelty-free for several months.  It has not been a success, but I am not giving up.  I think DermOrganic products are a step in the right direction, but the Intensive Hair Repair Mask and the Leave-In Treatment do contain varieties of dimethicone.

DermOrganic sends awesome samples and I hope that using their products will result in fewer pimples and healthier skin and hair.

I'm cricketsbay on Instagram."

Thank You for Reading, Everyone.  Have Fun and Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment